The Practice operates a Triage System.
Should you wish to see a Doctor please telephone 028 94432202 between 08.30am and 11.00am.
Telephone Triage operates in the surgery Monday-Friday between 08.30am-11.00am.
All requests for a GP appointment will be sent directly to a Doctor who will phone you back on the same day and arrange an appointment if necessary.
Three Simple Steps:
- You telephone the Surgery - 028 94432202 between 08.30am-11.00am*
- The Doctor calls you back
- You are always seen if urgent
*The Doctors will have a certain number of calls free each day. These may, at times, be filled before 11.00am. Please only phone after 11am if there is an urgent problem that cannot wait. If something is urgent you will still be able to speak to the On Call Doctor.
This will mean:
- It should be easier to get through on the phone
- Shorter waits to see the Doctor
- No wasted journeys to the surgery when you don't need to come in
WE OPERATE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY: PLEASE DO NOT CHALLENGE THE RECEPTION STAFF WHEN THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU AN APPOINTMENT AFTER 11AM - THEY ARE SIMPLY ACTING ON PRACTICE POLICY.
In the case of an Emergency
In any emergency case, eg Chest Pain or a Suspected stroke you should ring 999 immediately.
Home Visit Request
If you feel that you cannot attend the surgery. Please try and telephone the surgery before 11.00am on 028 94432202.
The receptionist will take details and pass your request on to the On Call Doctor.
The Doctor will phone back to discuss your condition and decide if a visit is the best course of action. Home Visits are available at any time throughout the day in case of emergency.
The Receptionist will ask for more information.
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients “why they need to be seen”. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- the most appropriate medical care,
- from the most appropriate health professional,
- at the most appropriate time.
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially.
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly.
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from reception
- However if you feel any issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will be respected
Thank you for your support
The Treatment Room is open Monday – Friday 8:30 – 12:20 and 2:00 – 5:00 (apart from Thursday afternoons). Appointments are necessary.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation. Please ask at time of booking.
Missed Appointments Policy
Due to the number of missed appointments being a frequent occurrence we have now decided to implement the following policy:
If you fail to attend appointments without informing us we will write to you asking if there are specific problems preventing you from attending or cancelling your appointments.
If you repeatedly fail to attend for appointments you may be removed from the practice list and have to find an alternative GP.